Going Green-ish

Unfortunately, I never cared much for my diet or health in the past but lately, I've noticed that my choices have slowly started catching up with me, so I decided that it's probably time I took better care of my body and skin. I'm going natural! Well, as natural as I can get. There are several reasons, but the most important is the long term effect of using oh so many chemicals in all the millions of products in our daily regimen for the rest of my life. (hopefully 60-70 plus years) It might not seem like a big deal on a daily basis but in the long run, it just really doesn't sound healthy. It might be a psychological thing, but I don't want to take the risk so I'm going with my gut.

I don't think it's possible to go 100% natural these days because most things have something nasty in it, but as I said above as close as I can get is better than nothing. In this post I'll be sharing with you my new almost 100% natural skin regimen. There are a lot of hidden gems out there and first on the list is my favourite surprise. 

1. Oliva soap - This soap is completely 100% natural! It only has 3 ingredients: Olive oil, water and mineral salts. It lathers well enough for me and has a very mild but nice scent. It really does the job! 
I get mine here

2. Lavera face milk
3. Lavera toner

Read about why you should use organic products here.
Browse the Lavera Range here


4. Vitamin E oil - Of all the products I started using, I noticed the difference this made the quickest. I've used it every night since friday and I have to say that the glow that I have so longed for (think Eva Marcille) is finally here! I've googled and youtube'd 'How to get a natural glow' countless times and everyone says water, sleep and diet, but no one ever mentions this easy cheat called 'Vitamin E oil'! Why? Keeping their secrets on lockdown perhaps. 
I get mine off ebay here, but if you can't trust that then this is a more expensive but also 100% natural alternative. (always read ingredient lists before buying) 

Aspirin Face mask - I do this bi-weekly by lightly crushing soluble and uncoated aspirin and mixing it in with olive oil, honey, natural yoghurt (no flavours or sugar). It makes for a great home made scrub/mask and I've never seen a bad review about this apart from the fact that it's drying which is why I added the olive oil and it does the trick. Everyone loves it and a packet of Boots branded aspirin literally costs 55p! 


5. Body shop body butter - I just cant part ways with this yet. Body shop is not as natural and as ethical as they claim but who can resist their body butters. I make up for this by only using a tiny portion and mixing it with...
6. My own mix of essential oils - Unrefined coconut oil, unrefined Shea butter, rosehip oil, castor oil, macadamia oil, Vitamin E oil, and black castor oil. 
I've always been a sucker for oils. Coconut oil and Shea butter have been part of my regimen for years, and I don't have a bad thing so say about either. 
This seller on eBay has every oil under the sun and more.
See here

7. I also use a few drops of olive oil on simples face wipes to take my makeup off.

8. Lastly, this wooden face brush is the latest addition to my regimen.



Another great thing about this transition is that it's cheaper than you would expect and most definitely cheaper than using high street cosmetic products. Everything I've mentioned so far won't come to anything more than £50 every 3 months. Also, the less processed your toiletries are, the less carbon footprint (I do care about that stuff a little bit. lol) 

Oh and I drink water now. Anyone who knows me know's that I find water disgusting but gone are the strict coke and pineapple juice days.  I'm now on a mission to find other toiletries (e.g. deodorant, Toothpastes, e.t.c) 

For those of you who managed to get to the end of this post, well done! I'll be updating you guys.

         *Disclaimer - this post is NOT sponsored and none of the links provided are affiliates* 

Love,
Me
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Funky (Manchester)20 January 2014 at 14:43

    Hello, what an excellent article indeed. We really need to invest and take great care of the way we live nowadays especially with numerous toxins out there.
    I was made to understand that genuine Vitamin E oil should be dark. If vitamin E oil is yellow like urine (sorry I know that sounds vulgar) that means it's diluted with something. Please find time and look at this link http://www.tkoskin.com/Vitamin-E_p_57.html (I am not related or get any commissions) from the company but their Vitamin E is mostly out of stock.
    On your quest to get natural toothpaste I will suggest Thieves AromaBright® Toothpaste, it is a premium, all-natural toothpaste made with 100% pure essential oils, including the powerful and exclusive Thieves® essential oil blend, along with other ingredients promoting oral health. Its global formula is safe and effective, without any fluoride, dyes, synthetic ingredients, or preservatives unlike some commercial brands. AromaBright’s formula provides a fortress of support for healthy gums, strong teeth, and a confident smile. It is the optimal choice for health-minded consumers.
    I am more than happy to send you one as I strongly believe in it. I have been using it for the past 8 months and have seen tremendous improvement with my teeth and gums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks so much for your tip, I'll look into it. That would be great. I've never used a toothpaste that I can say I've been completely happy with so any help to find 'the one' will be appreciated! xx

      Delete
  2. nice post
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi wunmi, this is unrelated to this post but It's been lovely watching you grow via this blog from rugged raspberries /your a level days till now. I miss your fashion blogging though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good topics & articles these are so important for anyone for get an idea about beauty. This is a fantastic website, could you be interested in going through an interview concerning just how you know it? I am more enjoyed reading your description. I offer to you Natural Beauty Tips and teaching Commercial to Residential Conversion.visit this site and see beautiful tips:
    http://www.fashiontrends.pk/beauty-style/beauty-tips/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent !
    kiss, Laure
    https://www.luxetoutou.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. Apply for Npower vacancies Npower Build Recruitment here in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your content. I’m going to have to bookmark it and come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is incredibly helpful information. Shared on twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really like your style and how you put things together, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/constructive criticism are welcome! :)